Riverside is a spectacular location perched right above the River on the eastern side of the Tuki Tuki River. Lodge 6 sits on its own small promontory with the most spectacular views upstream, downstream and straight ahead to the awesome Eastern facing slopes of Te Mata Peak. While in its own private space, Riverside is just ten minutes drive from Havelock North - with wineries, restaurants, golf courses and beaches not far in all directions.
- Car parking at the door.
- Generous bedrooms with bathrooms, dressing rooms, toiletries and luxurious robes.
- A fully equipped kitchen, stocked with the basics and also supplied with first morning breakfast provisions on your arrival. The kitchen is complete with dishwasher, gas hobs, electric oven, microwave, pantry and all cutlery and utensils.
- Full laundry.
- Separate outdoor Gas BBQ.
- Flat screen televisions, SKY TV, stereo, DVD player.
- A connection for your iPod is also supplied with the stereo.
- Wireless Broadband Internet Connection/no charge
- Located on the vineyard at Black Barn is an all-weather tennis court with lighting - as a guest you are very welcome to play on this during your stay - if required we hold tennis rackets and balls at the cellar door, simply ring us if you would like to borrow the equipment.
During your stay you can also enjoy a premium selection of Black Barn wines.
Unlike hotel mini bars, these wines are supplied to you at winery prices and significantly less than hospitality rates. If there is a Black Barn wine we don't have in your retreat just let us know and we will have it ready for your arrival.
- BBV 2010 Blanc de Blancs
- BBV 2011 Tuki Tuki Sauvignon Blanc
- BBV 2012 BF Chardonnay
- BBV 2012 Merlot Malbec Cabernet Franc
- Heineken Lager
- Antipodes Still and Sparkling Water
Cellular Network Coverage Note to Vodafone customers: Unfortunately while Black Barn is minutes from civilisation it is still well outside Vodafone’s coverage area. With the exception of very specific spots, your Vodafone (usually 021) phone will probably not work here. We apologise for the inconvenience however your Telecom (usually 027) phone will work and wireless broadband is available. If you are travelling from overseas we would advise you against purchasing Vodafone SIM cards for calls or internet connections in this area.
The primary attraction has to be the view. You can spend minutes or hours gazing up river, down river or across the river watching the patterns change, the colours change and the shaddows change as the magical Tuki Tuki River quietly meanders past right below you. There is great trout fishing right there on the banks - or we can provide a guide to take you a little further afield. Cape Kidnappers, recognised as one of the worlds great Golf courses is 20 minutes down stream. The beautiful Waimarama and Ocean beaches are 20 minutes to the west. There are wineries and restaurants all within minutes of the gate. Havelock North with its great shopping, delis, antiques and food supplies is 10 minutes away. We also offer a wide range of activities that we are more than happy to arrange on your behalf. Click here for Retreat Packages
The rate for two kingsized bedrooms with ensuite $650.00.
If sunroom is required $750.00.
The sun room can be closed off and turned in to the third double bedroom sleeping a maximum of six adults.
The minimum stay is two nights and sorry, no pets and no smoking indoors.