Black Barn Retreats and Covid-19
Stay in blissful isolation.
A Black Barn Retreat is the perfect Level 2 vacation location; they're ideal spots to get out of lockdown, are brilliant for 2,4,6,8 or 10 of you and where social distancing comes with the territory.
We have enhanced our high standards of cleanliness throughout our retreats by adding new, updated sanitary requirements for our housekeeping team to fight the spread of the virus. Additionally, we provide all our guests with a supply of hand sanitizer. We have also implemented contact-free, self-check-in procedures via lockbox and when you check out, there is no need to come to see us at the Black Barn cellar door if you don't wish to, although we'd love to see you.
The majority of our retreats can be booked online, for those that cannot reservations are just an email away.
See below our terms & conditions around COVID19, if you have any questions before booking don't hesitate to contact us.
Given the uncertainty of what lies ahead with COVID-19 governments restrictions for the next months future, we have added the below points to our payment and cancellation terms and conditions:
- Retreat confirmations require a 40% deposit of the total to secure your reservation.
- Bookings cancelled within 30 days due to changing government COVID-19 restrictions may use their deposit on a new booking within 12 months – deposits will not be refunded.
- Bookings cancelled between 30 – 90 days can choose to either lose a $250 cancellation fee and have their deposit refunded or use the deposit in full on a future booking within 12 months.
- Bookings cancelled before 90 days before the reservation will be refunded in full.
Other things you should note:
- All future reservations will be accessed by the lockbox at the property rather than coming to the Cellar Door. You will receive full instructions on this at time of booking.
- Our housekeeping team will be thoroughly sanitizing areas between reservations such as door handles, light switches, hard surfaces etc.
- Breakfast provisions will be limited to wrapped goods only. Sadly this will reduce the amount of fresh fruit; hand made artisan products etc that we usually provide. We will compensate for this with an increase in wrapped goods provided.
Future long term stays
If you would like to stay with us in the coming months for two weeks or more, please contact us directly email@example.com
It is likely we will be able to provide servicing at Level Two throughout your stay, we can also arrange for provisions and food drop-offs, and we can discuss with you special rates for more extended stays.
We can accommodate and provide drop off services to those who might wish to self isolate. Still, we cannot accommodate anyone who has the coronavirus who wishes to use our properties for quarantine purposes.
current bookings wishing to delay or cancel
If your cancellation is more than 30 days out from your booking our current cancellation criteria apply where you will receive a full refund of your deposit minus a $250 booking and processing fee.
If your cancellation is within the 30 day period, we will not charge you the full amount of your stay as required under our conditions. We will hold your deposit to go towards an alternative booking anytime within a 12 month period from your current booking. If you wish to cancel rather than defer your booking, your deposit can not be refunded.
Thank you for your understanding and let us work with you to help make the coming months as enjoyable as possible.