Interested in joining our team? Check out our current openings below or send us a note to email@example.com
+ About the role
We are looking for a professional, high energy senior bartender with excellent communication skills. As part of the team, you will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages. To succeed as a Senior Bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable and personable.
Proposed starting date: 16th August 2023
+ Qualifications & experience
Proven work experience as a bartender
Proven customer service experience
Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge in particular wine, craft beers and cocktails
Experience in curating interesting cocktail lists
Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
Acute financial management skills
Be presentable, well organised and time efficient
Have a keenness to broaden your knowledge and expertise within the hospitality and winery space
NZ citizen or approved working visa
Current LCQ NZ bar managers certificate
Ideally available to start mid-August
Work closely with the Restaurant Manager to ensure the restaurant operates in a cohesive and effective manner
Assist the restaurant manager in offering onsite training for junior bar positions
Work closely with the Restaurant Manager and Black Barn Winemaker to curate wine lists that are complimentary to the menu offering
Generate cocktail lists that change seasonally
Offer table service for drink recommendations where needed or requested
Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
Conduct regular stocktake of beverages, garnishes and bar equipment and estimate future needs for goods as well as looking for ways to cut costs whilst retaining a high quality offering
Ensure compliance with health and safety and sanitation regulations as well as ensuring all operating licenses are current .
Ensure the restaurant operates within the framework of the ‘Black Barn experience’ so that the customer transitions seamlessly from the kitchen store, through cellar door and into the Bistro with a continuous high level of service.
Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Respond efficiently, timely and fairly to customer complaints.
Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
Genuine opportunities for growth and professional development
Opportunity to work within an industry-leading team ready to share their knowledge
Competitive pay rates and benefits based on your experience + annual bonuses for long term commitment
The chance to take your career forward in one of the very best restaurants in the region
Staff discounts on purchases of Black Barn Wine and Black Barn Kitchen Store items.
Complimentary tickets per season to concerts held at the Black Barn Amphitheatre
Christmas and New Year's off.
+ About the role
We are looking for talented individuals to join the team at Black Barn Bistro. This is an opportunity to join a diverse and youthful team. We have both full-time and part time opportunities available so, if you have a passion for hospitality and love to exceed expectations then we want to hear from you!
+ Skills and Experience:
- Must have a love of hospitality and play well with others.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in setting up and closing down a restaurant
- Customer engagement and creating a unique customer experience
- The understanding sequence of service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional presentation and grooming standards
- Willing to work weekends, public holidays, and nights
- Genuine opportunities for growth and professional development
- Ongoing training
- Opportunity to work within an industry-leading team ready to share their knowledge
- The chance to learn about the Hawke's Bay region
- Competitive pay rates and benefits based on your experience
- The chance to take your career forward in one of the very best restaurants in the region
We are looking for a professional, high energy senior waitstaff with excellent communication skills. As a senior server, you will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages.
To succeed as a Senior Server, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable and personable.
- Welcoming customers, reading, and listening to people to determine beverage and food preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink and food orders.
- Adhering to all food and safety and quality regulations.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils and equipment.
Click here to apply now with your CV