Waimarama is a superb long stretch of sandy beach south of Cape Kidnappers facing East to the rising sun and the Pacific Ocean. While it usually experiences large rolling surf, it is excellent for swimming, surfing, fishing and walking. It is a 25 minute drive from Havelock North through farmland on a sealed but at times winding road. The Beach House is an absolute beachfront property positioned to maximise privacy, shelter, views and sun.
- Three king sized bedrooms Sleeping veranda with additional bunks Bunk room two bathrooms inside extra shower and loo next to bunk room
- State of the art kitchen with Dishwasher
- Sky television/DVD
- Wireless Broadband internet connection/no charge
- BBQ Outdoor/indoor fires
- Quality linen, plateware and bathroom accessories.
Located on the vineyard at Black Barn is an all-weather tennis court with lighting - as a guest you are very welcome to play on this during your stay - if required we hold tennis rackets and balls at the cellar door, simply ring us if you would like to borrow the equipment
During your stay you can also enjoy a premium selection of Black Barn wines.
Unlike hotel mini bars, these wines are supplied to you at winery prices and significantly less than hospitality rates. If there is a Black Barn wine we don't have in your retreat just let us know and we will have it ready for your arrival.
- BBV 2013 Sauvignon Blanc
- BBV 2013 Unoaked Chardonnay
- BBV 2012 Merlot Malbec Cabernet Franc
- Heineken Lager
- Antipodes Still and Sparkling Water
- Cellular Network Coverage Note to Vodafone customers: Unfortunately while Black Barn is minutes from civilisation it is still well outside Vodafone’s coverage area. With the exception of very specific spots, your Vodafone (usually 021) phone will probably not work here. We apologise for the inconvenience however your Telecom (usually 027) phone will work and wireless broadband is available. If you are travelling from overseas we would advise you against purchasing Vodafone SIM cards for calls or internet connections in this area.
Obviously the main attraction is the beach. Waimarama is several kilometers long and is popular summer and winter. It has long stretches of private uninhabited areas and is wonderful for walking, jogging, surfcasting, fishing, surfing and swimming. Please note that Waimarama is a big rolling surf beach. It can experience undercurrents and dips and children should be supervised at all times. We would strongly advise swimming between the flags which are a very short distance from The Beach House. There is a shop for very basic facilities at Waimarama and a short drive from The Beach House is Wairanga - a challenging but very beautiful 9 hole rural golf course. There is also a small church and a vibrant Maori community at Waimarama. We also offer a wide range of activities that we are more than happy to arrange on your behalf.
As with all our properties, The Beach House is only available by booking the entire house. While we can provide additional servicing or catering if you wish, the property will be entirely yours for the duration of your stay. Privacy and seclusion are assured.
Please note the minimum rental duration for The Beach House is 2 nights.
Please contact Black Barn Vineyards for pricing details on small private functions and conferences. In addition we can arrange anything from private fishing guides on some of New Zealand's best trout fishing rivers through to beautifully prepared meals left for you to simply heat through in the Beach House Kitchen. Please let us know what you would like arranged when you make your booking.
All our properties are well patronised with particularly heavy demands during weekends. If a weekend stay is to be part of your itinerary we would strongly suggest you give us as much notice as possible.
If you find the dates you prefer are not available we have an alternative beach front property at Waimarama Click here for more information.